Windows Support Software for the LA100 and MS20 Test Sets
Use of this software with an Apple Mac requires a Windows emulator, and we currently recommend Parallels Desktop.
This software works in full with all MS20 firmware versions and LA100 firmware versions V6.0 and above. LA100 users who purchased their units before 1st of January 2004 will find that this software runs in demonstration mode (only crosstalk is available). For full LA100 operation a license must be purchased.
This file contains an encrypted list of the serial numbers of all currently licensed LA100s. Lin4Win will automatically attempt to download this file when connection to an unlicensed LA100 is established. If your computer does not have an internet connection you can manually download this file and copy it to: C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Lin4WinXP\
The MiniSonic MS20 and LA100 Audio Analysers can operate either as convenient stand-alone units or under computer control. By running the Lin4Win PC software supplied with every unit the user benefits from a clear control panel which displays both channels on large bar graphs as well as digital readouts to 0.01dB resolution. Lin4Win automatically detects which unit is being used and configures the available features accordingly. Great attention has been paid to making Lin4Win load and run quickly, so that it behaves more like a hardware unit than a piece of software.
Sequence results can be read from the measuring set and display a detailed results page. Scalable graphs of frequency response and the ability to cut and paste results allows the user to easily produce their own in-house reports in what ever DTP package they choose.
The Lindos hardware test sets are controlled via a serial connection and all new unit are supplied with a suitable USB to serial convertor.
- Compatible with all versions of Windows from XP to Windows 11.
- Fast functionality on even the slowest of machines.
- Full sequence support for all Lindos test sets.
- Export results to any DTP package using the Cut and Paste buttons.
- Add titles and comments to test results.
- Tolerances can be applied directly to any set of results. There is no limit to the number definable and for those performing regular pass/ fail testing this feature really speeds things up.
- 20 preset keys for output frequency and level, all programmable by the user.
- Repeating sweeps quickly update allowing the user to experiment without having to re-run a sweep after each change.
- Programmable tone bursts.
- Graphs options allowing complete customisation for all graphs.
- Export results in HTML format with the click of a button.
- Metafile output allows the graphs to be saved in vector format for scaling to any size.
- ‘Graph Viewer’ for detailed inspection of plots.
- Print to PDF
- Procedure Testing, which allows a series of measurements logged automatically, and compliments Sequence testing. While the latter is best suited to the measurement of signal paths that are nominally flat, and provides automatic synchronisation over long paths between different measuring sets, Procedures are for detailed bench testing on equipment, for development purposes or routine quality control. The user sets up a series of measurements in a table, and clicks Run to log the results.
- Recording controls allows a series of rapid measurements of the currently selected function to be made. A graph of the incoming level against time can also be displayed for monitoring peaks on music etc.